1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by wmac, Sep 4, 2007.

1. wmac

wmac Member

please help. have recently acquired starview box, when i switch on the box it indicates 4 leds then number 0 appears, then nothing. There is no indication that the box is in standby or switched off for that matter. I am unsure if I should have digital signal coming into house, i currently receive analogue tele. I have tried to download gtrom etc but nothing happens. Am using usb serial converter. Please help because the guy in Maplin's is sick of the sight of me.

Will be eternally grateful

wmac

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F

Like this one

Null modem info here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

Make sure your USB adapter is a USB to serial port adapter similar to this one.

USB Adapter info here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

All firmware/loader can be found in the link at the end of my post marked Eamos FTA Library.

You will need the GTromloader, (Starview Software Uploader), found in the Starview folder of the link.

You will need version 2.57 fixed for a CLONE box

You will need version 4.oo for a GENUINE box.

Both of these can be found in the Starview Firmware Folder of the link.

To help you decide which type of box you have click on the link at the end of my post marked SV EV Info, then click on clones, this will help you figure out whether you have a clone or genuine box.

And please download the Starview PDF guide this will give you step by step instructions on how to do everything.This can be found in the Starview Documentation folder in the link.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  3. wmac

wmac Member

hi sc0user, first let me apologise for not replying sooner. I was very grateful for the thread info, unfortunately it didn't matter what i did to my box it would not flash. Thankfully a friend got the box up and running for me. He said it had the wrong software on it. Box is working brilliantly. The info that you supplied was xcellent and it would probably have sorted me out if I hadn't been such a lemon with these new fangled computer contraptions, I felt like a bit of a dinosaur. Once again thanks for your help

wmac

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem appreciate you letting me know and glad to see you sorted.