1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starwars Battlefront problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by wargamer, Feb 23, 2005.

1. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi,

I read a thread somewhere about making backup of this game, and i followed all what it said to do. But it's still pissing me off with't been so slow loading and is not fun to play!.

I rebuilt the game with ISO buster and the Cdvdgen, once the image was rebuilt it was just over 2Gig. I burned at 1x on a Ritek Dvd-r, i use SM 2.0 dvd and the Dvdloader(EA swapmethod) to boot, the first time i did that it worked fine. And after that strangely i cannot get it to play like it should again like i first did anymore!. The skipping and shit makes it pretty much unplayable selectin on the menus are too slow, keeps stopin all the time to read disc?. Most of the sounds in game aren't there!. I looked on Swapmagicfix.com and it says to use Cogswaploader1.0 with a large TOC disc?, but CSL isn't working for me with either SM or Cdloader!.

Has anyone else had these same probs?. And why is it doing this when I have rebuilt the bluddy game?. Thanks a bunch if any can help out!.

Thx.

v9 PS2 Scph-50002
    SwapMagic pal dvd 2.0 /slidetool
    Ritek g04 DVD-R 4x
    dvdloader 7

2. newb_11

newb_11 Member

What up wargamer,

I use sm 3.3 and got a good burn last night after much frustration and a couple coasters the night b4. I got this to work using the same method you are trying ISO/CDDVD. I was following the Starwars Battlefront Guide and was messing up the 3rd step under D,E&F. I was not setting up my Directory Files in CD/DVDGen in the right order. Someone listed having the SLUS_xxxxx in the file order as the first file in the directory and this didnt work for me.

This is how I got it to work

Step 3

C.
    Navigate to your MERC file or whatever you named it containing your IsoBuster Objects, and open it so you see the 12 files inside.

D.
    Make sure to have your 12 objects open on the right and CD/DVDGen open on the left.

E.
    From your MERC file menu select edit and then "select all" highlighting the 12 objects.

F.
    Right click on one of them and then drag all of them into the right side portion of CDDVDGen.

I was highlighting 1 at a time and for some reason had my SLUS_XXXXX set up as the 1st file in my directory.

Right after Mercenaries I got Starwars Battlefront & NBA Street to work using this method. I just got GT4 and I hope we can find a way to back it up.

Anyways, good luck and I hope this helps.

3. newb_11

newb_11 Member

In step 3.F

There is no need to right click just drag and drop all 12 files.

BTW I use
    Ritek g04 DVD-R 4x
    v7 ps2
    SM 3.3

4. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hmm, I think i may need to get the latest SM 3.3, cause i've only got the 2.0 dvd, and that could be the problem with it not refreshing the TOC for Starwars. The funny thing is though it worked fine the first time, and then never like that again?!.