1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starwars battlefront

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xplicatt, Sep 22, 2004.

1. xplicatt

xplicatt Member

i recently tried to backup the ntsc version of this game which i rented and the ps2 eye reads it fine but displays no sound or picture so i tried loading a diff game via cogswap or cdloader and they work fine someone please shead some light for me please.

2. Knight88

Knight88 Member

I have a v7+PS2 and made a perfect copy using DVD Decrypter on a TDK DVD+R disc. I also loaded it with DVD SwapMagic v2.0 and it work flawlessly. What kind of discs are you using to burn the game onto?

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

well i backed this game up using alcohol 120% and the game was a mess.. audio is choppy, loading times are forever, and it gets stuck every 10 seconds. i will try decrypter and see how that works. im using ritek ridata dvd-r media.. and i will burn it at 1x, i also have a v7, ive read that on the pal version, things had to be taken out in order for it to play better, some fellow name dvdrick is working on the ntsc version

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ok i tried it with dvd decrypter, i used decrypter to read the game, and decrypter to burn the game at 1x. it took like an hour to burn the whole game at 1x. i than tried the game with smd dvd2.0.. after 2-3 minutes of waiting in front of a black screen, i got greeted by the "please insert a ps2 format disc" screen. i tried the swap again.. this time it took the same time 2-3 minutes in front of a black screen, but than it took me to the "star wars battlefront" Loading screen.. the loading circle, moved, and moved, for like 1 minute, only to greet me again with a red screen of death. now this is my dvd decrypter copy, the one i copied with alcohol 120% surpass me this screen but it was too audio was too choppy and the loading times were forever, and if that wasnt enough it froze for a while.

it didnt for me. you are using dvd+r media, meaning that you problaby cant burn at 1x with that media, the slowest you problaby go is 2.4x... hmm im going to try to speed up the burning. i know its against the guidelines to burn at higher speeds, but hey who knows it might work
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Halo Special edition Xbox
    V7 Playstation 2
    Plextor px-708A 8xdvd-/+rw.:: Tdk 420n 4dvd+r/rw
    :.:. Shit Happens When you Party Naked :.:.:.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  5. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

I just burned StarWars BF using decryptor and Verbatim dvd-r at 2x and it works great. I have a v9 with smd 2.0 with a flip top.

6. ohiorudy

ohiorudy Member

Question for the people who have burned it and it works. How far have you gotten. Mine works perfectly except for two boards, there is no audio, other than that it plays just like the original.

7. xplicatt

xplicatt Member

i'm using benq media i have burnt like over 70 games to work perfectly but starwars it just won't work but i'll give it another shot. has anyone got it working via cogswap or cdloader without the sm disks?

8. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

I have not gotten very far but what i have played is great. Also I havent tried anything other then HDAdvance or SMD. As far as I know everyone has probs with HDAdvance.

9. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

good news! :) i got the game to work. this is what i did. first if any of you are planning to back this game up with dvd decrypter, make sure you have the new version of dvd decrypter. v 3.5.1.0. i had the 3.5.0.0 and it didnt work. as soon as i upgrade it to the new version it worked, i dont know, but this version instead of burning the .iso of the game, it tells you that you shouldve chosen the .mdf file. well i let it automatically chose it, burned at 4x, because i didnt wanted to wait an hour burning at 1x,and it worked, using dvd+r ridata ritek. [bold] But, the game still has its glitches every now and than, but not in the real game only in the option menus and stuff like that. but the Audio is Skippy.

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

good news! :) i got the game to work. this is what i did. first if any of you are planning to back this game up with dvd decrypter, make sure you have the new version of dvd decrypter. v 3.5.1.0. i had the 3.5.0.0 and it didnt work. as soon as i upgrade it to the new version it worked, i dont know, but this version instead of burning the .iso of the game, it tells you that you shouldve chosen the .mdf file. well i let it automatically chose it, burned at 4x, because i didnt wanted to wait an hour burning at 1x,and it worked, using dvd+r ridata ritek. [bold] But, the game still has its glitches every now and than, but not in the real game only in the option menus and stuff like that. but the Audio is Skippy.[/bold]

11. xplicatt

xplicatt Member

jdilla what are u using to boot the games i need someone that can boot it with cogswap or cdloader no hd or sm

12. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im using swap magic and fliptop. ive read that cogswaploader takes away the audio glitches.

13. xplicatt

xplicatt Member

like it's wierd it reads with cogswap the analog sticks light turns on but then they go off and never turn back on the game stays at a black screen.

14. serhat09

serhat09 Member

sorry guys, i've tried everyones way, the only way i was close to getting it working was alcohol 120, i bought the game, i like star wars anyway.

15. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

serhat09, im wondering why it didnt work. what version of ps2 do you own? explicatt that used to happen to my controller too.. the waiting time in that black screen is very very long.. untill i read the game and burned the game with the new version of dvd decrypter. now it works

16. serhat09

serhat09 Member

i definately have one of the first versions..i think 2.

17. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

are you burning in dvd-r or dvd+r?? cuz i know those versions only read dvd-r

18. xplicatt

xplicatt Member

jdilla that is with the new version of dvd decrypter that that happens wqith lol i got version 3.15.00

19. kracker

kracker Guest

i backed up mine with DVD decrypter and burned it 4x on shitty generic dvd-r media and it plays fine. i patched it to go online and that works too. hopefully they dont put the patch on the DNA$ log like socom II did. im sure all the games are going to have that soon enough.............

20. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I am using the newest dvd-decrypter and the game burns just fine but when I tried putting the burned cd onto my hdadvance it got to like 99% and all of a sudden had 1200 errors....lol. I havent tried my swap disk yet (friend is borrowing). What are the differences between each compatibility modes on the hdadvance when you hit select?