1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State Of Emergency

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GlennT, Sep 13, 2003.

1. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Hi, i need help getting my stae of emergency dvd-r backup to boot.

i have a v3 PAL ps2, and i'm using the cogswap memory card exploit, with my new DIY fliptop.

i am using GTA Vice City as my original DVD game. It is 4.35Gb, whereas my backup is only 4.34Gb.

i KNOW it's not the media, cos i'm using Maxwell DVD-R and they are working perfectly with all my other backups (i even got managed to fix my Enter The Matrix Sound skipping error by re-burning onto a maxwell DVD-R).

anyone know why it won't boot???

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

ok, well for some reason, it started to boot up now, after about a 3 minute wait of just showing a blank screen.

but still no luck playing it.

it starts loading, but stops before the progress bar even reaches half way.

also, when it's loading it makes a wierd laser gun type sound, so my cd drive sounds l;ike a frikin techno tune.

any idea why this game would not work and all my other backups do.

is it just because it's too close to the GTA Vice City TOC size???

if so, whay can i do to fix it without having to buy a new original dvd game. are there any larger TOC demo's that i can send away for and get for free or something???

3. thorne

thorne Member

sounds it has a scratch on disc are ps2 needs adj

4. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Well, the disk was brand new, in a sealed box, and i can't see any scratches, and it can't be the PS2 needs adjusting, cos all my other backups, using DVD-R from the same pack of 5 are all working perfectly.

any other ideas........anyone else had problems booting this specific game????