1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Static IP Address

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by danp777, Apr 15, 2007.

1. danp777

danp777 Guest

i want to set up a static ip address, so i can forward ports. every time i try to set one up it is unable to connect to the internet. could anyone help me as i dont know if i am doing it right.

thanks

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Check at ipconfig/all. If your DNS server and Default Gateway have the same address and you use that you will lose your internet connection. You will either have to obtain them from your router or your ISP.

3. danp777

danp777 Guest

thanks managed to do it, does port forwarding make downloads faster becasue it hasnt made mine any faster so far

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

5. zipptide

zipptide Member

Well i have read through most of the threads on Static IP but still could not make it work. I looked back at ipconfig and notice while the DNS severs are different then the ip address the default Gateway is the same as the ip address. i did not read anything on or about the default gateway.and using the portforward set up it says error tcp/ip while connecting.

im just trying to un block the listen port and push Bitcomet to 200/KB max. current average 75KBs current max 150/KBs (public torrents), ive been on public WLANs where this port was open and the connection was faster.

Anyway using Xp pro sp2 , with a WAN connection sold as 500/kBs , BitComet 86, listen port 12242 ,uPnP and encryption disabled ,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/494596

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm