1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Statically Assigning IP Address for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by navi95, Oct 20, 2004.

1. navi95

navi95 Regular member

hey ppl,

I got a slight problem. Basically I want to FTP with my ps2 using ICS. Before I need to set up the config.dat file with the the rite IP adresses.
    Currently my ethernet port on my pc is assigned to 192.168.0.1 (standard, rite?) and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 . When i make a connection using the NAD (network access disc) and when it asks if the IP is assigned automatically, i choose no. then on the next screen i fill out the details as so:

IP address: 192.168.0.2 (IP im givin to the ps2)
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (IP of my ethernet card in my pc)

Then for DNS i select no as well and give the primary DNS as 192.168.0.1 (i think this is how its ment to be). but when I do the diagnostics test it fails on the DNS.

Basically I am asking if the network diagnostic test has to be sucessful in order for me to FTP with it using EXECFTP??
    If it does could any1 help me bout gettin this set up correctly.

Thanx

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I've never tried anything like what you're doing but I'll give you a few of my thoughts on the issue as a network engineer. The DNS failure shouldn't be that significant if you just want to FTP to the PS2 using the PS2's IP address. It will however, be a problem when it comes to online gaming. Setting the DNS to 192.168.0.1 isn't correct unless you're running a DNS server on your PC which is why the DNS test fails. If you have high speed internet try setting the DNS server address to the inside address of your router or broadband modem. Assuming that the PS2 is connected to the network card using the 192.168.0.1 address setting the PS2 to use 192.168.0.2 should work. ICS isn't needed in this situation unless you also want the PS2 to work for online gaming.

3. navi95

navi95 Regular member

thanx for that.

All i need now is someone to send me EXECFTP v0.68 so that I can inject that and boot it with hdloader and run it correctly (the older version doesnt work cuz its looking for the IRX files from the CD).
    I have to change the IP address of the ps2 to 192.168.0.10 as well because if EXECFTP is looking for CONFIG.DAT (which it wont b able to) it will use that IP as default.

hopefully i can get this done 2nite...