1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

staxx rules im ok for now

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Freaker, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

i just did alot of fustrating work getting my psp to be ver 3.03oe-c and now i need everything i will need to make my own pictures into backgrounds with the waves on them. i think i need a "flash0" program or something but dont know

someone told me that i need to find the stuff below but i wouldnt know what to do with any of it if i could even find it
    xmb wave packs and 01-12.bmp packs
    tutorial on how to change your 01-12.bmp via flash0
    tutorial on how to change your xmb waves via flash0

2. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

i am trying to get a flasher and i have flashagent d2, but it is a RAR file, and i dont have an eboot. from everything that i read i think i need a eboot file.

if you have a 3.03oe-c and have a flasher please send me a link to that flasher and also please tell me where i need to save all parts of it.
    Example:
    psp/game/Recovery/eboot.php
    or psp/game/?something here?

i downloaded a pack and it said "Install it in both the GAME Directory (like other Homebrew) and in the Recovery Directory (ms0:/PSP/Game/RECOVERY/eboot.php)"

however it didnt contain an eboot so i dont think i can use it i could not get it to work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

wow...sounds like someone gave you some useless info...

the only thing you need to worry about; as far as putting a background behind your XMB waves; is the 01-12.BMP make sure that it s no bigger than the original....it must also be saved in 24-bit format.....

believe me when I say, a flasher is pretty useless unless you have PSPfiler...I would just flash them manually, by giong to recovery, and toggling flash0 through configuration...

its much better this way, and a little harder to semi-brick your PSP (just watch the sizes of the files you flash, make sure they are the same size, or the new one is smaller)

4. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

thank you for the information its going to make it alot easier to do future hacks without having to waste time with a flasher.

5. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

ok you guys have pulled me out of every noobish problem ive had so far so i thought i might try this. below is a step from a guide ive been using, but when i got to this step i "didn't know where" it refers to plz one last help please

If you flash this into Flash0 (you know where) then goto your XMB, remove the wallpaper and it will still remain their but now with your waves.

thx for any help you can give me

6. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

nevermind i got it thank you if you were coming in here to answer my question

well going to go ahead and mess around

big money, big money ,no bricky, no bricky, STOP.

7. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

i was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere i can download free full version games that play from the same place as demmos?

3.03=>GTA-1.50=>3.03oe-c=>custom waves, battery icon, background, sound bar, game boot, and bootsound

8. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

search on Google? search the forum?

9. kappakai

kappakai Member

newsgroup subscription is the fastest, safest, most reliable way.

10. staxx

staxx Regular member

Not really, Answered his question the same way a lot of people on here would have. Must have not been that bad of advice since he got all the way up to step 5 before he came here. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/482892

PM me and i'll send you a few links as its against forum rules to post most of those kind of links.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  11. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

what does the rest of that have to do with "make my own pictures into backgrounds with the waves on them."

sorry for not beating around the bush...

your move_

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  12. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

gasconade:

origonally i just wanted to hack in and change the background behind the waves, but as you probably know once you get started you dont want to stop. so what does most of this post have to do with changing the background... nothing i just kept the same thread and changed the title.

also i found out:
    gasconade:
    ...is the 01-12.BMP make sure that it s no bigger than the original....it must also be saved in 24-bit format.....
    I safely stretched the size of the picture by 200% so i just thought id post it

13. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

but at what bit-rate? lol how badly has the quality of the wall diminished?

....and thats only assuming you dont already have the 1mb flash exploit or path mod...lol

im only thinking of the noobs that might read this thread instead of posting another one right under it asking the same question....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007