1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stealth backups question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dwiscool, Jun 18, 2007.

1. dwiscool

dwiscool Member

I was wondering if you used the technique of hookin up the sammy drive and makin and image from an original and then burning it is it a stealth backup?
    How do you make it a stealth backup?

All backups i have i made myself i didnt dl from internet.

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

if you used xbox backup creator then they ma be stealthed, download dvd mulleter and select load iso, then load iso from disk, select the drive and click next, one this has done there is 3 boxes at the top right and if all 3 r ticked then the game is stealthed, if you need to patch get ssmerger and the ss.bin dmi and pfi files to patch.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

save yourself the time and the trouble and just spend the $50 and buy a Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive for your PC that is flashed with Kreon firmware.

Then it is a simple process to make stealth back ups
    1. put in 360 disc and let the PC recognize it. Then start Xbox Backup Creator V2.4
    2. go to drive tools and click unlock drive
    3. go to read tab and read, make sure full back up box is checked.
    now you have a stealth back up on your PC

TO BURN:
    1. get and install IMGburn (i use V2.1)
    2. set the write speed to 4X for all 6X and 8X max speed DVD+R DL discs
    3. set the booktype for all DVD+R DL discs to DVD-Rom if your burner can do that
    4. set the layer break
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    5. select the ISO image (not the dvd file) and burn it

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  4. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

50 dollar?
    you must've gotten ripped off by some ebay guy... i ordered an original one for 18€ , which is ~20 dollar
    only need to flash it your self

5. steimy

steimy Active member

No, i paid $30 but that was a while ago before they became so popular. Now they go for more than that. The cheapest i am seeing is $29.99 but then they charge you another $19.99 for shipping. So most likley he will end up paying close to $50.
    And Ebay is about the only place that has them these days since they have been a discontinued item for a while now.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007