1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step 1 Completed, Now step 2 Please...

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by DigitalSk, Apr 1, 2005.

1. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Good Day,

I purchased my PVR 250.
    Now I would like to know which software to use to do all my work.

Many Thanks,
    Dan Dawg

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

After trying about 30 different things to capture, 30 more to edit, and probably 30 more to author, I only use 3 things.
    GB-PVR to capture (it's a GREAT PVR and free) http://www.gbpvr.com
    Sony Vegas Movie Studio 4 to edit, or the bundled nanopeg editor for quick commercial cuts.
    DVDLab Pro to author.
    That said, it comes with Ulead DVD movie factory, which is decent enough to capture, edit, and author with, You'll at least churn out a couple of decent dvd's with it, before you find it too limiting.

3. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Which setting is best to put on a DVD ?
    DVD Standart Play, Long Play or Extra long play.
    Also, is it normal that when I watch TV it's has alot of little pixels (not sure how to call that) But it's not clear like on a Tv ?

Regards,
    Dan

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

SP is 1 hour per, LP is 2, and EP is 4.
    SP is the best quality, EP the worst.
    The things you see on the screen is called pixelization, and possibly macroblocks.
    This happens because of bitrate, and during the mpeg-2 encoding process.
    Try updating the whole software bundle at hauppauge.com There's a newer encoder engine.
    You can also try using different encoder engines, if you use something like GB-PVR, it will allow you to use any one you have on your system, not just the default one. Intervideo NonCSS seems to work best for TV viewing. Some have had good luck with Cyberlink.
    I haven't used WinTV2000 for so long, I don't remember if you can change any of those settings in there.