1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steps to getting and makimg Swap Magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by isack2230, Apr 1, 2005.

1. isack2230

isack2230 Member

I have been reading a lot of threads on Swap Magic. I don't know much at all about it to be honest. I just know that you can get these boot discs to burn iso's and then u can boot directly to them. I tried going to the site but I was overwhelmed by all the different version and things involved.. but when i hear people talk about it, they make it sound so simple... So i was wondering if anyone out there could give me a rundown of what to do to get started with Swap Magic. Thanks a million

2. 86fierogt

86fierogt Member

Swap magic allows you to boot a backup of a game. This is because home burners can't reproduce certain areas of the disc.

You will need to use it in conjuction with a flip top or a mod chip. This is because ejecting with the button causes the console to re-check the disc all over again.

I use swap magic with a flip top with my v7 and have no problems. In fact, when my cat knocked by PS2 onto the floor by tripping on the controller cord, a tiny little chip came out of a part of the tray and it no longer works. My flip top saved me from trying to find replacement parts.

As far as versions of Swap Magic, I belive it would be best to just go with the latest version. Does anyone know this to not be correct?

I got my flip top and swap magic as a combo from ps2fliptop.com. It's as nice of a fliptop as I've seen. The only problem is that the little white disc in mine was too light and the discs wouldn't spin correctly. I fixed this by simply swapping with the one that came with my original case.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

4. kocher

kocher Regular member

i just got swap magic versin 3 today actually and love it. i use it with a flip top. many places sell them. just do a yahoo search. i got mine from swapnslide.com, but i know someone there. otherwise they are a little bit more expensive the combo there is listed as 48 dollars(flip top, and both swap magic disks. but ive seen the combos for as low as 35 dollars. just search around. hope this helps.

5. isack2230

isack2230 Member

thanks guys, any more info would be appreciated. how does the flip top work with the ps2?

6. kocher

kocher Regular member

works great havent had a problem yet, but i have to put some weight on top to get it to read,usually whatever is sitting there beside me but a full can of budweiser seems to be the answer for now. good luck

7. cazer

cazer Regular member

the swap magic disks are a pressed disk. you cant make one you must buy one. if you could make them there would be no need for them or for modchips couse you would be able to put the code that is in it that your home burner cant read or burn right on to your backed up game.
    swap magic 3.3 boots up games that others would not