1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sterio speakers to computor

Discussion in 'Audio' started by icecoled, Mar 12, 2005.

1. icecoled

icecoled Member

Hey can any one help me? I have some crappy speakers for my computor now and i have a sony shelf system. does any one know how i can hook those speakers up to my computor? a friend told me he has seen it done can anybody tell me how or what parts i need????

Thanks

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

on your sony system, you need to have another input, like video, or aux, or something to that nature. Check on the back of your system to see if you have two rca jacks (usually white and red) and see what they say. If there is an input, you need a stereo mini plug 3.5mm (1/8") to stereo rca cable. those only go about 6 feet, so you might have to get rca extension cables. then plug the stereo mini plug into your speaker output of your computer, and connect the rca plugs into the inputs of your sony stereo.

edited 4 typo

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  3. icecoled

icecoled Member

oh yea i got it. It has that game deal i guess i just got to go get one of those sterio mini plug and ill be set thanks, P.S. i didnt know they made those