1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STILL a Blue line through screen on 3.71 m33-2 - AND FLASHING DIDN'T HELP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TOSguru, Nov 6, 2007.

1. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

I tried PSP pixel restore, flashing the psp, and I'm so close to chucking the hunk of plastic at a wall.
    I just called Sony for an exchange and they said it will cost me $112 to fix the thing. I'm a (currently) jobless highschool student who paid the full cost out of my own pocket...and I refuse to pay half its cost for repairs.
    The guy from Sony said the warranty has expired aparently since I accidently dropped the psp on the ground. Isn't the warranty supposed to cover those things? It's not like I purposely dropped it on the ground...and it even landed screen up.
    The screen remains uncracked, in perfect physical condition, yet has that blue line and aparently I have to pay to fix it.
    I wonder if it's possible for me to call and speak with another person who doesn't know I dropped it on the ground...but he got my phone number, e-mail, etc and said the call is recorded.
    If I'm screwed, just tell me straight up so I can start asking people for money.
    I'm begging for any other alternative to fixing this darn thing!!!

2. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

what do you mean a blue line?

like a dark blue line in the middle of your psp? like those ER machines when a person is dead the line is flat and it makes that beep noise.

Do u mean that in the middle of your psp?

maybe it can be fixed if you use pandora battery OR.. Recover back to 1.50.. then back to custom fw.

If it's still there, and your warranty is out of date, then there's nothing for you to do.

You can sell your PSP, and get a slim or another used one, or else just play with that damn blue line!

3. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

It's more of a light blue line. =P
    I already tried downgrading to 1.50 then back to 3.71 m33-2...twice.
    I know my warranty is still good, but the guy I talked to on the phone said it doesn't matter anymore since it fell on the ground.
    Who would buy a psp with a blue line...
    I could play with the blue line regardless, but I spent way too much money to play on a defective psp.
    Thanks for trying to help anyways...
    I think I'll call Sony back and talk to someone with a little more intelligence and conveniently leave out the 'dropped it' part.
    We'll see how that goes!
    If not...I'll try returning it to the store. It should be under a year still.

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

it might be a screen problem. a replacement screen might fix it.

if you're gonna send it in, put official firmware on it. you never know if sony will check the psp for custom firmware.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  5. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

even if he does send it to sony with a official firmware, they can still track your upgrade/downgrade process, so i don't recommend sending it to SONY (UNLESS it's your last move).

If you bought it in gamestop or some other store that has their own 1 year warranty, upgrade to sony official firmware go to them and say " There is a blue line on my psp,". If they ask you did you mod/mess with it, just say no. You might get a new psp

replacement screen might help but.. i think it's a internal problem because he mentioned he dropped it.

just don't panic, it's not the end of the world

6. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

I dropped it awhile back, but I don't think it had anything to do with the line 'cause it didn't appear until months later.
    I tried upgrading from 1.50 directly to 3.50 (sony firmware) but it wouldn't do it.
    I bought it in March so the warranty should still be good at Best Buy.
    How do I upgrade it from 1.50 back to regular firmware?
    Btw I'm a 'she' =P