1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still cannot get anydvd to work with shrink!!??

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by boosbaby, Jan 13, 2008.

1. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

i bought any dvd a long time ago a year, maybe 2, and for the longest time it worked perfectly with shrink, but within the last 6-12 months or so they have not worked together. i have taken both programs completly off my system and reloaded them several times. i just did this actually a week ago for the last time.
    problem: after anydvd reads the disc i open dvd shrink and analyze the disc(that part works fine) when i hit back up, after about 10 seconds it stops and pops up an error window saying that there is a protection error and shrink cannot continue. this only occurs with originals, even older movies like taking lives i just tried 2 days ago and didnt work, (which i had no problem with when it first came out using these same programs) i can back up a back-up with no problem at all using both programs.
    i have the newest version of both programs...whats the problem????

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

do you have the latest anydvd v6.3.0.3 ?

try useing any dvd as the ripper only to hard drive...

newer films need other apps used on them like fixvts / vobblanker due to newer protections (take main movie only cuts alot of problems out)

just a thought you dont have 2 or 3 rippers loaded do you? as they conflict...

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Rotary........... I have AnyDVD, DVDDecrypter, DVDFab HD Decrypter, and SmartRipper installed and didn't know they conflict...... I have no problems with them at all. I know that DVDFab and AnyDVD conflict only if they are all opened at the same time!

@boosbaby........ You have to update AnyDVD to keep up with all the new encryptions that are out there. Like Rotary said, "try using AnyDVD as the ripper" and see if it works then!

Also you said that you uninstalled AnyDVD and then reinstalled it.....Did you make sure that your KEY was reinstalled, too? The activates AnyDVD to make it work. Right now AnyDVD, version 6.3.0.3, will do all the DVDs that are released! I would check to see which version you have.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yeah probably with anydvd more over as it goes to sys tray and running in the background, then load another one up..

think that ripit4me was a trouble one too...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  5. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

okay so you have to rip it and then shrink...i get it, thats how ive been doing it, only with ripit4me.
    back when i first started using anydvd it was all one process, anydvd would just run in the background of shrink and rip and shrink all at once. saved ALOT of time, as opposed to ripping and then shrinking. i thought that was still the way it worked and i just messed something up.
    thanks for the info...

6. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

i do have the newest update, and i dont have any problems either with all the programs conflicting, only if ripit4me and anydvd are running at the same time there is a problem.
    but thanks for the info, just trying to save a little time during the back-up process....

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

RipIt4Me incorporates DVDDecrypter and if you run both DVDD and AnyDVD at the same time then you will get the conflict.

@Boosbaby..... have you tried AnyDVD and CloneDVD2? why don't you download CloneDVD2 and use it for the 21 day free trial!? You should have better results then!

8. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

if its an all in one process then i would like that. i think i will tonight. im so mad that i bought anydvd for 60 bucks by itself, and shortly after they started selling the 2 (anydvd and clone) together FOR THE SAME PRICE!!!!
    oh well, ive never tried clone so i guess ill give the trial a try.
    thanks

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 is a member favorite around here. Enjoy!

10. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

@ boosbaby,
    Try updating your DVD-ROM, and see if that helps.

11. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

does anyone know why older movies that did once work all in one process no longer work? like for example 'taking lives' when it first came to DVD i pulled anydvd up in background and hit backup and it ripped and shrunk all at the same time, now my copy was ruined and i just re-burned the original and it would not work all at once, as it had before, i had to rip first then shrink. this is what i am confused about. an old movie such as this worked before but not the same way now?!??? make sense to anyone?

12. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

pryme,
    thanks, ill get my hubby to do that, i really do not know how.