1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still cannot understatnd 360 backup fully.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by November, Feb 10, 2007.

1. November

November Member

I've read almost a dozen FAQ's and I still don't fully understand the backup procedure.

To back up a game you either need the xbox drive connected to your PC or you need the SH-d162 drive.
    -The drive has been discontinued.
    -You need a PCI card(usually) to connect the xbox drive to your PC.

You flash the drive with the proper firmware(ie. different for Hitachi and Samsung[xtreme firmwares, yes?])
    -These drives require different backup processes.

To burn the backups you need the Pioneed 111d drive
    -proper firmware as well
    -burn to Verbatim(preferred) DVD+R DL discs

I think that's the gist. At least that's how I understand it. If you can please guide me I would appreciate it. I know this is simplified but I've been out of the game scene for a while until I picked up my 360 cheap. Thank you.

Nic
    -ciao

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You're on the right track on what to do! You need to find out what kind of DVD Drive you have so that you can Flash the Firmware! Then you can start backing up your games. I say that you download this. It's a .pdf file, that goes through the whole Xbox 360 Modding. If you need help flashing, or backing up games, it's all in here (for both Hitachi and Samsung). Check it out, and see if it helps at all!

3. November

November Member

That PDF really helped. Thank you for showing that to me. I put in my order for the 111D and the sata card. I needed a new DVD-RW drive anyhow, so it worked out :).

I'll find out in a few days how things are going with my trials and such. Thank you again.