1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still can't get videos to work...

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by 88Camaro, May 9, 2007.

1. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

On youtube or ebaums i can't view any of the videos because I need the latest version of Flash or Java turned on...i have java on and flash player but i still can't get online videos to play...now, i can view them with windows media player if that was an option, but its not for many videos...any help would be appreciated, THANKS.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

try upgrading your browser, list the browser and operating system your using, where you ever able to play stuff on you tube or is this new

3. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

I was never able to play any 'web' videos on my Laptop (unless they would play through windows media player) I'm using windows XP...I'll try to get some more info on my browser...

4. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

I'm using Internet Exploror version 7.0.5730.11 I can't get any Ebaums videos to work...i keep getting the Install flash player message...what else can i do? its been like this for months...

5. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

how fast, what is you Bandwidth of your internet connection....if you're trying to watch streaming video on a laptop you'll need to be on a LAN WiFi connection or ethernet connection. AirCards are not much faster than Dial up...and you won't be able to watch streaming videos with that either.

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

When you get this message do u get an option to install it manually. If you do install it manually and this will just take you to the website and download it from there and then see if that helps. you may need to restart you browser just close it after you install the flash player program and then try playing the video after opening it again.

7. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

I tried that but Unfortunately it still didn't work...my desktop PC plays online videos ok, but I don't know what it is with my laptop why it doesn't like to play non-windows media videos...