1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Having Burning Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kevbucket, Feb 16, 2007.

1. kevbucket

kevbucket Member

I have searched through all the threads already(i Think) but i am still have problems with my ps2 backups.

I have a Pioneer-111D Burner

I have used Infiniti Samurai DVD+R and -R (-R are good for my XBOX)which seem to work once every blue moon(the +R seem to be better), they will work in maybe 1 of 20 goes at booting.

I have tried Verbatim DVD+R and -R both definately Taiyo Yuden
    neither work, or have worked in my attempts at booting.

I also have burned onto Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB, this is the interesting part, as soon as i boot one of these in, it reads the disc straight away, comes up with the "Playstation 2" writing on the screne but them goes to a black screen and doesn't load any further.

My originals boot no problem, if the DVD+R DL didn't start to boot straight away i might think that the laser was a bit knackered but i still think i am having a problem with the media i am using.

I have tried burning with Nero, Clone CD Alcohol and dvd decrypter. I am going to tear my hair out if i make anymore coasters, please someone help me

Peace out

2. steimy

steimy Active member

only thing i can suggest is a firmware upgrade.
    as far as backing up the games the process is very easy and strait forward.

1. use DVD Decrypter to read the disc and copy to hard drive
    2. switch to write mode and load the MDS file
    3. choose 4X burning speed (best with 8X discs but should also work for 16X, although some people burn 16X at either 6X or 8X)
    4. if your burner can booktype and you use the +R discs then use DVD Decypter to set the booktype so that it makes all DVD+R burn as DVD-Rom (there is a little book icon to do this and if your burner is listed then you can change it. If not and you are sure your burner can booktype then the only other way i know would be if Pioneer has a utility on their website for setting the burner itself)

here is more info to look at:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/443403
    (booktyping and bitsetting are the same thing)

3. kevbucket

kevbucket Member

Thanks for the info, i'm gonna check it out now.
    The part i was missing was this booktype business. I heard of this before when i was backing up my 360 games, they wouldn't work then i heard that the pioneer 111D sets the booktype to dvd-rom automaticaly, so i bought it. I am now using DVD+R for these ps2 backups and not the Dual Layer DVD's i use for my 360 backups, so i guess the booktype it sets for DVD+R is still DVD+R, whereas the DL DVD's will be DVD-ROM, that explains why my DL's start to boot. If this works, i love you.

4. kevbucket

kevbucket Member

Oh well, i guess i don't love you. Appreciate the help though. My dvd's are now DVD-rom but still no joy they work totally randomly or should i say rarely. It's weird though, with the DL DVD's, they begin to boot immediately.

Peace out