1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still having problem burning mpeg file to dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Cabbie239, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Cabbie239

Cabbie239 Member

The problem i am having is when i use dvd santa and go to where i saved the movie,i click on the file folder it doesn't show that there is anything there.I haved watched the movie on the computer already so i know it's there.Beside the movie file is the windows media player symbol can the be a problem if not can anyone give me any suggestions.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

What is the file extension.
    .mpg .mpeg ?

3. Cabbie239

Cabbie239 Member

its an mpeg file

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

You click the first option.
    Video files (avi,wmv...)to DVD

You click the first option.
    Add Media

In the Open window.
    Look in: should be set to the folder your file is in.
    Files of type: should be set to All Audio and Video Files or All Files(*.*)

You should be able to add your .mpeg file when Files of type: is set like above.

5. Cabbie239

Cabbie239 Member

When i try to do that i get to the file and double click it tell me unable to open video file.Also when i click the file it tell me that it was an mpg file not mpeg.

6. Cabbie239

Cabbie239 Member

When i try to do that i get to the file and double click it tell me unable to open video file.Also when i click the file it tell me that it was an mpg file not mpeg.

7. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

If you have a shareware program try to fine Ulead Video Studio or Ulead Movie Factory, you can use almost any video file and put it to dvd. You can also make scene selections menus and may other options.

8. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

If you are viewing something with the "windows media player symbol" you are probably just viewing the original mpeg file, not the dvd. (BTW, it doesn't make a difference whether it is mpg or mpeg.)

The output of DVD SANTA should either be an ISO file or a VIDEO_TS folder, or I suppose it could burn directly to dvd. (I don't use it, but these are really the only three things I can imagine dvd burning software doing to create a dvd.) What is the name of the folder where you "saved the movie"?

However, from your response to Veblin, it appears that maybe dvd santa cannot read the file? You don't have the file open in another application at the time, do you? Some applications put a lock on a file when viewing it that prevent other applications from opening it. Close down all other windows except dvd santa and see if that makes a difference.

9. Cabbie239

Cabbie239 Member

thanks for all your help guys i used nero vision express and i put it on dvd with no problems,and having no problems in my dvd player either.

thanks again