1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still having problems now a strange one...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bentbob, Sep 21, 2007.

1. bentbob

bentbob Member

Ok so i didnt flash my firmware, like i said before its got 2.5 on and its a sammy drive, the 360 has not had a lot of use, so last couple of days ive been using it more, all my old games work fine, the new ones, give me a "open tray error", so like i mentioned earlier i burnt one in xp, and it worked, so i thought it was that, got back in earlier tonight would not boot.. hmmmm.... maybe the head is dirty, so i used the head cleaner, then it booted the game.... tried another game later, same thing.... open tray.... ran the head cleaner... put game disk in works fine..... tried another game... open tray error.... put a movie disk in works fine... swap the movie disk for a game.. boots now... and repeat...

anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this?

2. batespcm

batespcm Guest

a failing laser

3. bentbob

bentbob Member

you sure... this xbox has maybe had 30hours play total in a year

4. batespcm

batespcm Guest

im not sure no

its a guess there are far more knowlegeable people here than me

but a friend has a 360 that does this even with originals and that makes me think laser

5. bentbob

bentbob Member

You know it would not suprise me... lol, 30 hours use... great... oh well.... now ive had the thing on for 5+hours it seems to work all the time, im also going to try some other dvds.

thanks for helping out :)

6. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

i had the exact same problem with my back up of stuntman ignition and the darkness just wouldnt play
    have u got a hitachi drive and what media are you using is it aone
    i thought it might be my media but all my other back ups work fine so just putit down to a bad batch or that my dual layer dvd burner is dying

7. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

I had the same problem before, turned out my drive didn't like the media i was using(ridisc xtreme )although the backups would work fine on my friends xbox..

Everydrive seems to have its own personality and likes/dislikes!

Ritek and verbatim seem to be the best out there, if your originals work fine then try different media maybe..

I had the same problem as you with the darkness, worked then eventually died, put it on a verbatim and works no problem...

What media are you using?