1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still having problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by kevf219, Aug 30, 2004.

1. kevf219

kevf219 Member

I've tried to use the dvddecrypter for my backups, when i do i am able to use my swap magic, get past that screen, and get to the dvdloader screen, from there when i put in any of my games it says the type is invalid. i was wondering what i could be doing wrong. i am using dvd-r's for this, also if i have backedup games onto cd-r's, can i use my dvdloader for them as well (in conjunction with dvd swap magic) or do i need to use cdloader+cd swap magic?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

sounds like you are not using dvd loader right. when dvd loader loads, you need to hit eject and put the swap magic dvd back in. hit x, then swap for backup.

3. kevf219

kevf219 Member

great thanks, i got my dvdloader working great (w/ dvd based games) but now if i have backedup games onto cd-r's, can i use my dvdloader for them as well (in conjunction with dvd swap magic) or do i need to use cdloader+cd swap magic?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

same steps, but instead of reinserting the swap magic dvd, you need to use the swap magic cd (if it works) or an original cd based ps2 game.