1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still having same dvd/ps2 problem!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joshmo, Mar 24, 2004.

1. joshmo

joshmo Member

OK I just got my burner, its the new plextor one, I've downloaded some dvd .iso files using MIRC, I have ritek dvd-r discs and am using nero to burn the iso. I burned at 1x also. I put the disc in my ps2 and the disc sounds like its spinning really really fast, then it stops and the please insert a ps2 format disc in. So I'll try it again and itll go to the memory card/ps2 disc screen and the dvd disc comes up, so it recognizes it, but then one i click on it to play, the screen goes black and then it comes right back to the memory card/ps2 disc screen, im kinda new to this so maybe im doing something wrong, but I have a bunch of .isos on my computer and would really like to see if they work, also im using a messiah chip. Thanks

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

ok this is if u have a v9,v10 ps2 i had almost the dame thing happen to me till i heard how to boot dvd's

turn on ps2(or start from stand by(red light))
    wait like 3-5 seconds,
    HOLD the eject button until it ejects (and light turns blue, and ps2 startson the tv)
    then put the dvd in and it should work

3. joshmo

joshmo Member

hmm still wont work, it reads it and goes straight to the memory card screen then i click the ps2 disc and nothing, would a different media like memorex work differently or do i need to clean or adjust the laser or whats going on. Thanks

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

by the way it agiasnt the rules to talk about downloading stuff it piracy, u might jusat wanna say u have iso's on ur comp,

ok what format are the iso's in (dvd?) and have any games u backuped with that media work?
    also try the boot method i told u a couple time (mayb only wait like 2 seconds)
    also which version ps2 do u have?

5. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi do any dvd-r backups work coz if you keep geting the red screen of death it usually means a chip fault, but you shouldnt have to hold the button in for 5 seconds it should boot stright up ,if you do hold the button in while booting dvd-r your more likey to get the red screen anyway,. you only hold button in if your booting cdrs

6. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

no ur wrong, v9 and v10 u hold the eject to turn it on out of stand bye to boot dvd's

7. joshmo

joshmo Member

well its like 2 years old so i dont think thats the version I have, well anyway I tried to clean the laser will some rubbing alcohol and i put everything back together and now my ps2 will just sit there trying to read the disc, it wont play store bought dvds or anything what did i do.

8. martynste

martynste Regular member

You say your ps2 is 2 years old. Sorry mate you've going to need a new laser. I had exactly the same problem with my ps2 v4. It started off not reading dvd of any sort ps2 backups,ps2 originals. It would still read cds but eventually it stopped reading them as well.

Get somebody reliable to install it.

Mart.