1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still hope for slow computer users, any others out there?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pentium2, Jun 10, 2004.

1. pentium2

pentium2 Member

Are there any other super slow computer dvd burners out there with successful burns?
    I just wanted to let other slow computer users know that there is still hope for those who don't want to shell out any more money for a new computer but want to burn movies.
    I am using a pentium 2 - 233mhz (that's right, someone still uses one) computer with a lg 8x dvd burner (gsa4801 - 105$CAN) with dvd shrink and nero and win98. I was able to backup the entire Monsters Inc. movie to one dvd-r in 3 hours total. Now of course that is painfully slow, but who cares. I just walk away from the computer and do something else important until it is done (like sleep).
    The backup quality was excellent at 91% and there were no problems with my computer during the process. Obviously, more complex movies will take more time but I simply let my old computer (which rarely ever crashes) worry about overnight.
    ps. I am a big cheapo when it comes to computer purchases.

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

You may want to investigate DVD2one as an alternative transcoder. It is fast, and in my opinion as good as if not better than shrink.

It's good to see an old pentium 2 still being used.