1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Jerking

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by wuzzbert, Feb 16, 2004.

1. wuzzbert

wuzzbert Member

I'm using TMPGEnc to convert avi files to dvd mpeg-2 files. I keep finding that when I have converted the file and then watch it any movement tends to look jerky.

I convert all my files using the wizzard to either PAL 4:3 or 16:9 depending on the source. All the other setting I leave to the wizzard (accept for reducing the file size to either 98 or 99%).

I posted a query about this problem and was advised to try changing from interlaced to non-interlaced and subsequently changing the field order (top and bottom field order) to eliminate the problem. I have done all this but I am still getting a jerky picture. If someone walks across the screen or moves quickly it looks really jerky. This is not just on one file it seems to happen on most I convert. If anyone remembers Max Headroom off the telly it looks just like that.

Can anyone please help me further. Cheers

2. samuels

samuels Guest

i had this same problem with my back ups of tears of the sun and bad boys 2,worked fine in my other machines,except my digitor,turns out my digitor was from a dicky batch,warranty fixed that :) new machine,no problems at all now,was told it most probably was the tray(slide) throwing disc of balance.....who knows,prob fixed for me