1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Still no signal on monitor

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Flawnex, Nov 17, 2016.

?

What part do you think is causing the issue?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2016.
  1. Motherboard

50.0%
  2. Power Supply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Processor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Graphics Card

50.0%
  5. Monitor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Noob Builder with on clue how to build a PC.

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Flawnex

Flawnex Newbie

For the laziest of them all: I think it's the motherboard or power supply that's causing the issue.

Specs:
    AMD Athlon 860K
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB (Used, but should be working)
    Corsair CX500w
    Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2
    Seagate 1TB HDD
    Ballistix Sport 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3
    All this packed into a Versa H21
    Using an Acer 23.8 inch 60Hz monitor, which is working normally otherwise. (Used but working, connected via DVI-D)

So I have another thread for this problem, but I think that I can get more help if I make a complete new one.
    Old thread link: http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/no-singal-on-monitor.763464/
    So if you're lazy to read the previous thread, basicly everything is plugged in normally and I get no signal on the monitor. A professional took a look at the setup and told that the motherboard was broken, so I got a new one and the same issue still continues. The fans spin on boot but are continuesly accelerating and then slowing down just to start accelerating again, which makes me consider the power supply to be broken. There are no beeping sounds on boot, with or without RAM. The only possible reasons for this issue going on is the motherboard, power supply, cpu, gpu and me, the builder. I suspect the power supply because not only the cpu or gpu fans slow and accelerate, but both and the case fan, which I doubt could be caused by anything but power supply and motherboard, and I just received the second motherboard, would need some serious bad luck to get 2 in a row both with same issue.

Also I put up this poll thing just to see what it is, so ignore it if you wish.

Help needed and appreciated.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

not much to go on here,but does your motherboard have onboard graphics?if so try plugging your monitor into that and see if that works.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

after you take out the videocard.

4. Flawnex

Flawnex Newbie

The AMD Athlon 860K does not have integrated graphics, and I have tested that before with no different results.