1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still rrod after heat gun fix

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by glh290, Jun 9, 2011.

1. glh290

glh290 Member

i did the heat gun exactly as done in the video provided to me in my last post
    by exactly i mean i got the same gun and did everything as the person in the video did exact timing everything
    and i get the error 0103 again after the heat gun fix if there is any better instructions/suggestions i would be grateful

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. glh290

glh290 Member

i should also say i found my ram chip pads and used them when i started the xbox and also waited 45 mins to let it cool

3. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

I would try again...this time, try flushing the motherboard with acetone (mainly under the chips) and use a toothbrush to VERY gently brush away any dust/debris from the surface of the board while flushing. Your error code suggests to me that you should concentrate your heat on the ANA/HANA chip and the GPU.

Using Kester No-Clean liquid flux (or similar no-clean flux) under the three main chips is always a good idea as long as you don't use too much and don't heat too long. The flux removes oxide buildup and basically rejuvenates brittle solder.

I use these methods to fix 0102/0103, E74, etc and have had a great success rate bringing back hundreds of consoles. I Hope it helps you to save yours.

4. glh290

glh290 Member

wold you mind telling me where the ana/hana chip is

5. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

6. glh290

glh290 Member

thanks ill try it now also i have no flux or acitone and i cant go out and get it b/c its 12:00

edit dint work there is still error 0103

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011