1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still soo confused, noob backup games help please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by redZoneOS, Jul 31, 2007.

1. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

hello,
    my first time considering this so work with me. from all the info I have gathered, i believe I would like to use a hard drive to backup my ps2 games. My priority is cost! I want to do it in the cheapest manner possible. I already have a hard drive. I believe the only thing I will need to purchase is HDLoader or HDadvance 3.0...
    Anything else I need? I've been reading about the MC exploit and such... is that necessary? what about swap discs, do i need to buy one of those? Also is there any REALLY noob guides out there for accomplishing this? I have no idea what ELF files, and exploits and swap methods etc etc are so I could use some help!

It seems that all i have to do is install the HDD, and then put in my HDloader/advance CD... place the backups on my PS2 HDD via PC using some wiip program or something.... and it should work?

really, is it that simple? Then i dont understand the purpose of swap magic, or the exploit if you're using an HDD???

Thanks!

2. uaball123

uaball123 Member

This is everything u need:
    1. DVD DECRYPTOR
    2. Swap Magic (or another mod chip type tool depending on your PS2 version)
    3. Blank DVD's

After you get all these materials reply and i will guide you through the process.

3. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

Since you are looking at the hard drive ps2 route, this is what you need.

1) DVD decrypter.
    2) Hard drive
    3) PS2 network adapter (yes you need it!)
    4) HdLoader program

After that, you use hd loader program to burn games to the hard drive, then you can use hard drive to play ps2 games.

4. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

thx guys for the response. I would prefer to skip the swap magic option because I dont like switching disks (which is why i want to use the hard drive). I have an HD and ordered HDLoader. Once I get it, do I need the memory card exploit? I want to copy the games on my pc, and then use them on the ps2... I've read that copying directly from the ps2 is bad for your laser, and it takes a looong time. So what program will i need on my pc? I have dvd decrypter as well as a licensed nero ultra 7.0. anything else?

5. Macd420

Macd420 Member

Youre going to need something called WinHIIP v1.7.6 get it from www.sksapps.com/hd/WinHIIP_v1.7.6.rar Youll need it to format the HD to ps2 specs. When thats done, keep it open & use it to load the images to the PS2 HD. I just finished doing it like 20 mins ago. Now all I NEEd is to find the startup disc so my PS2 will access the network adapter and HDLoader.

6. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

ok I got that wiip program now too. but why do u need a startup disc? I thought thats what HDLoader was for?

7. Macd420

Macd420 Member

Apparently so. Im still waiting for mine to come in the mail. HDAdvance/Extreme are something to the same as the winhiip. They are for actually having the game , putting it in your PS2 & ripping it to the HD. HDLoader is for your PS2 to recognize the formatted HD w/ the games on it & cause thePS2 to load from the HD instead of the disk drive. I know, its pretty confusing!

8. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

HDLoader and HDadvance are the same thing. They boot your ps2 from HDD. The winiip program converts original ps2 games into iso format that is acceptable by the ps2 on your hdd via the pc (I think). anyway so all you need really should be either HDLoader/HDadvance and the winiip program, (again, i think)... I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the MC exploit,anyone? Do I need it?