1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Too Big

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by iMIKE?, Jan 10, 2003.

1. iMIKE?

iMIKE? Member

I ripped a DVD and i got a new 4,4 gb that doesn't fit in my DVD-R.... How can i remove some scenes (logos and shit) in order to reduce the size of my image? IFOedit? how?

2. thingimij

thingimij Guest

you can cut the credits out if you are not that bothered,by using dvd2avi and vstrip, both programs are freeware.

if anybody is interested i could write a little guide.

thingimijig.

3. framerman

framerman Regular member

You didn't say whether you stripped out audio in ifoedit or not. This would be my first and easiest bet. You can also delete some vob id's or cells.

Open up your ifo in ifoedit. On the bottom half of the screen, you can double click the vob id's and cells. This will pop up a crude window to display what these are. If it's a separate vob, just strip it in ifoedit.

I'm not quite sure how to get rid of a cell though. Never done it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I would check to see if the credits are a separate chapter. If they are you can use IFOedit to split to 2 DVD's and put everything except the last chapter on the first one. Then you can delete the second disc information and the first disc might fit on a single DVD-R.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Totally agree with everyone.

Check that u haven't got all the different subtitles(remove what u do not want)
    Check u have the right audio u want ac3 6 ch 48khz usually at 0x80.

And also yeah you can get rid of the credits by splitting to 2 dvds and deleting the 2nd.

U r sitting on 4.4Gb u need to get it below 4.37Gb approx, so ur just shy of it.

If any of the above r still in the file u can walk it.

Ifoedit of course.

6. iMIKE?

iMIKE? Member

already stripped the languages and subtitles i dont need... Credits? maybe want to keep them ... I want to get rid of the Logos... is that possible? delete cells ? hmmmm might be good idea... just dont know how!!!

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I think your logo's will carry a different vob id, in which case ifoedit can take care of that.
    Also check out ifoedit.com, there is a guide there to remove fbi warnings etc.