1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still trouble with sound / encoding with TMPGE

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Satoeng, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Satoeng

Satoeng Member

I got an .avi file (running perfect on my computer) . But i couldnt burn it straight as an avi with nero ,so i used Tmpge to get the movie as an mpeg. The video was ok, just sound wa smissing. After browsing through these boards i tried it with virtual dub (video direct stream copy / audio full processing mode and no compression) .
    When i tried to start i got "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format" . can anyone help me ???
    sorry if its a newbie problem but i am not too much into that kinda stuff and spent a long time searching boards without success.
    thanx in advance.
    satoeng

2. LaDiDah

LaDiDah Member

hi i m new and i also have the same problem as u so if u work out wat the prob was could ya let me know thanx
    Gina

3. brettski

brettski Member

You didn't mention if ,in VirtualDub, you converted the audio after choosing 'No Compression'. Did you then click on 'Audio' > 'Conversion' and set the 'Sampling Rate' to '44100Hz'. If not, give that a try befor you try to encode with TMPGEnc.

4. LaDiDah

LaDiDah Member

i dunno if u were talkin 2 me but i didnt use virual dubb i used dvd2avi

5. koola

koola Guest

Try NeroVision Express as it converts AVI to SVCD or DVD with the correct plugins obtainable using the bottom link.