1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bendoc, Jan 28, 2008.

1. bendoc

bendoc Member

Hi.
    My Xbox 360 has recently been stolen, so i was wondering if there was anyway that you can track a username. I had xbox live, so if the burglers use the service, is there a way of finding the location of the xbox 360 by looking at the network address or ip address?? Hope you understand what i mean. Please reply. Thanks. BenDoc

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

if you have it registered with MS they might be able to track it down after it signs into live with or without your account being used. not sure, but its possible i think.

3. bendoc

bendoc Member

thanks for replying :) i think i have registered with MS, can you tell me how i can check please. thanks

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

log into xbox.com, hit support, then click on register/repair/check repair, if its registered it should be listed. if not, call up MS.

5. bendoc

bendoc Member

hi. iv logged in but i didnt register my xbox. what shall i say to ms when i ring them?

6. IceKing1

IceKing1 Guest

I just would chalk it up as a lesson learned, it's going to be tough to ever get it back. Pursuing it through MS is a lost cause because the thief will not be calling MS to register it. Didn't you guys have insurance? File it man, if you got other stuff stolen also, file under your home insurance if you got the amount stolen over the deductible. If you have an apartment, renter's insurance will cover it. If you didn't have renter's insurance, get it for next time, it's cheap.

7. bvzxa

bvzxa Member

He's right. Many years ago my first Saturn and PSX were stolen, and at the time, I had all rare Saturn games, which at that time wern't rare yet, like Radiant Silvergun, so get it becuase people steal.