1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop at 1-2 percent

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Godshmack, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Godshmack

Godshmack Member

I'm useing dvd shrink to make an .iso file...no problem. I begin to burn with nero or decrypter and it stops at 1-2 percent. It's done this with two different dvds and I've had burned a good copy before. I'm useing a 12x Plextor burner with verbatim dvdr's. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks for all the help.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hi Godshmack,You are using a pretty good media in your plextor. Are you burning too fast? I don't like to go over 4x. Above that and the chance for errors increases.Are you trying to burn over 4,300 mbs? Are your settings ok in dvdshrink? I use dvdshrink and nero. I haven't had to use decrypter yet but have it on hand in case shrink won't. You might want to try different media, taiyo yuden, branded verbatim,and riteck ridata are the preferred for most of us. Try keep speed under 4x. recheck all your settings in dvdshrink. You may even try the R+ if yours is dual format,which it should be. These are a few things you can try. You might even want to look at scubapete's dvdshrink guide. It might have something in it you missed. Good luck and have a good day.

3. Godshmack

Godshmack Member

I appreciate the advice...i tired multiple things since my post. I've tried running dvd shrink at multiple options and burned at speeds at 4x...it contiunes to stop right away and doesn't even burn the dvd...is this a dvd burner malfunction or?
    Thanks