1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STOP problem LiteOn 5005

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by johnfranc, Feb 2, 2005.

1. johnfranc

johnfranc Guest

I experienced a STOP pb. with LiteOn 5005. Recorder stayed forever showing STOP. Pressing OFF button for minutes (!) : it worked again. But not always...
    I had recorded some edited camcorder short (3 & 4 minutes) films via the iLink on a DVD. Some were Ok on a simple Samsung player. Others were NOT recorded at all. WHY ??? Don't ask me...

Anyone with similar problems? Anyone suggestions? What to do?

2. shrunkit

shrunkit Member

US 5005 version 1098 firmware

Same problem with mine, probably a known problem with blank camcorder tape area or end of tape areas- somehow the LiteON couldn't control the camcorder to stop the tape play. I find that if I avoid those blank areas, it works better and no STOP errors. Also using DVD+RW just in case.

There is also a sound monitoring problem with DV input, but the DVD recording seems fine.

3. gadbearr

gadbearr Member

I am still waiting for my Lite-On 5005 to get back from the manufacturer. I sent it in last week. My unit locked up on the "HELLO" screen of death. It will be interesting to see what the problem was caused by. The tech on the phone seemed to think the motherboard was hosed. I didn't even know the recorder had a motherboard. :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005