1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage for Media?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by lazychump, May 2, 2005.

1. lazychump

lazychump Member

What do you guys use to store your media? I'm looking into buying just a huge CD/DVD wallet unles anyone has a better means of storage.

thanks.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I was using jewel cases but am now switching over to the bookstyle cd holders, it is easier to flip through the pages and takes up less space.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

was buying lots of nice (and cheap) double cases in 100s, but soon ran out of room (i live on a narrowboat and burn more dvds than i burn wood). i bought a cheap 1000capacity trunk and it's half full already. it came with all the plastic sleeves etc from www.svp.co.uk

4. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i use the cd/dvd binder storage cases as well, i have about a 1/2 dozen of the 250 capacity and they seem to suit my needs just fine. they are fairly compact when closed and it's easier to flip through pages rather than opening up individual jewel cases/dvd cases to watch the movie that you want to see.

just my personal opinion, but, whatever works for you. i am just stacking my dvds up now since i've run out of binders to put them in, this mountain has grown too high~ what to do? what to do???

:) @ creaky~

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes my stack was growing so high, I ended up going to the book style storage. Also, I read an article somewhere that if you keep your dvd's in cases to make sure you store them vertically and not horizontally, not sure why, but I thought I would throw that out there.

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I too use the cd/dvd bookstyle holders. Much easier and takes up less space.
    Arniebear - I have also heard about storging them vertically - I think (key word here) it has something to do with the dye.

7. creaky

you lot are psychic - i just been looking at 500capacity booktype cases, think i should have bought these instead of the huge 1000trunk i bought. I'll order one or two tonight i think and my bruv can have the trunk. As for the horizontal thing....hmmmm, don't tell me the dye gets runny and falls off!; surely that would affect tubs of blanks that have been in a warehouse for months.

@kivory666, lol - i think you're a dvd stalker :)
    oh hang on, i can't talk, i'm verbatim obsessed

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  8. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

dvd stalker??? hahahahahha...oh what do you mean by that? lol

9. creaky

i'm just getting as bad as you for buying up media. i got no room for any more .arghhhhh...

work is now starting to monitor internet surfing in IT and i'm already the top offender of the week and i still haven't caught up with all the posts i subscribed to last night!. i really should reply to less posts lol

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hehehe, that can be a problem if your workplace starts tracking you...not a good thing in anyone's book~

i bring my laptop to work and use the hospital's t1 connection during the day when im bored or have a break~ but, in your case...uh...might not be a good idea, don't wanna get fired due to AD/dvd media obsession~ :)

11. creaky

just ordered 4 of the 500capacity wallet cases, the 1000trunk just isn't practical on the boat

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

should the 2000 total capacity last you for awhile or are you becoming like me where those will be filled up within 6 months? haha.
    thought i'd ask you outta curiosity~

13. creaky

hopefully they should be sufficient for a couple years, by then i should have obtained and copied all the films i've missed over the years. i just don't want loads of different type of cases as they might be different sizes and stuff.
    Now if only Hollywood could just stop filming for a while :)

(not you Angelina Jolie, you keep filming luv!!)

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

So many movies, so little space. I too have become media obsessed I keep ordering, thing is I keep using them up. Can't believe the amount of stuff out there, I need to back up 6 disks of Touching Evil, and the 5th season of Sopranos comes out in June there goes four, already used up sixteen on the last four seasons, it goes on and on.

15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hehehe...you think i've started a trend here creaky??? dvd media obsession? maybe i'll ask neph to start my own little thread all about how excessive people can become when it comes to buying blank media~ i just might start one in the safety valve forum, but, i'll ask neph if it would be reasonable to start it in here, since we ARE talking about dvd-media~ :)

wow, you like angelina too? she's my FAVORITE female actress out there, i have ALL of her films on dvd, even the crappy flicks that nobody has ever watched in their entirety, yeah, you could say im somewhat obsessed with her :) you can call me an angelina jolie stalker more than you can call me a dvd stalker~ hehe.

looks like we got a new member in the EXCESSIVE BUYING OF DVD group that i just started right now~ so far we have 3, including myself...creaky and arniebear~ very solid start if you ask me.

good luck to you all and may your media flow like rivers of honey, neverending and sweet~ :)

16. creaky

lmao.

i hadn't been posting much about anything lately as i'd been experimenting with fans to reduce my CPU temperatures for days and days. Then i spent a couple days researching 5.1 systems so was occupied with that and since i bought it i've been watching many many x-files episodes (omg those eyes, Scully) with superb sound quality at last - http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/creaky/P1010112.jpg

but all setup now so i've been back to posting again. as i said in another post my work has just started reporting on internet usage and i'm the week's top offender - by miles. But i think the software they use is crap as it said i'd done 44 hours in a 45hour week - hmmmm..

i'll have to see how many tubs of Verbs i can buy next salary, but i just haven't got room to store them, well i will when they're burnt as they'll go straight into those huuuge wallets..

ps kivory666 - only just noticed you updated your sig - you're still number1 in the dvd burn league methinks.

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If I ever become bedridden I will certainly have something to watch, I think I burn many just for the challenge. Want to get HOFD just to see if there are as many problems with it as others report. So far I have not encountered a disk DVD Decrypter cannot handle, but then I have always used quality media, TY and Verbs are the best. My old NEC purrs with Verbs.

18. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

HOFD was a piece of cake~ hehehe...i think people were getting their hands on bad pressed discs, not software/encryption related.
    i use anydvd in the background for all my backups and thus far, not a single problem as i buy new releases every tues. @ bestbuy~ hehe.

keep em' burning boys, excessive is GOOOOD, restraint/restriction is BADDDDD. hehehe

@ creaky, u noticed the update huh? just had to give props to my verbs lately, while they don't top over my TY's..they definitely deserve their own line in my sig. :)

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Keep telling me excessive is good, because I just ordered 100 more TY's from Supermediastore, oh my aching bank account, not to mention more storage needed.

20. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hahahhaah arniebear,

that's what i like to hear..im thinking of promoting you very soon~ hahahhaha...we all need a lil excess now and then, just don't go overboard where you will have no money left for such things as :food, shelter, electricity, running water....hehehe just to name a few~

i think i've cut back quite a bit this month compared to last month, bought 1,200 TYs last month, this month, only 200 Verbatims, but you have to consider May just began and we're only 5 days into it~hahahahaha...im toning it down a bit myself now~

sorry to get off topic about "storage for media", i think the question wasn't really intended for people like me that will always have 10x more media than the storage capacity will take~ :)