1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stores?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by AL3X, Nov 5, 2004.

1. AL3X

AL3X Member

Are there any places where u can just give in your xbox and have it chipped+software mod and given back for a price, perhaps in a chinatown type of store? Im in NYC if anyone has any suggestions... Thanks

2. XHPrime

XHPrime Guest

I know there are places where you can buy premodded xbox's but thats as far as ive heard, now a store where you can bring it to too get it modded sounds strange my guess is the deman wouldnt be high enough for it to stay in business. if I were you id just mod it with a Xenium ICE Solderless its a pretty good modchip and one of the easiest to install and pretty much idiot proof.

3. AL3X

AL3X Member

thanks for the info. I heard that you can't play backups with a solderless. Is this true?

4. dossie

dossie Regular member

nah that is definately wrong, all mod chips can play backups...

5. daveuk1

daveuk1 Member

Hi,

look on ebay. When an add says that "this xbox has too many features to mention here" or something similar then it's a safe bet that it's modded. That's where i bought mine 9 months ago for £600.

Dont forget though that in many shops especially in the UK and Europe (not sure about America)that selling and modding xboxes on premesis is illegal, many shops just sell the chip and that's it (but even then that's semi legitimate).