1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange behaviour with Bruce Almighty second copy

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mdmania, Nov 26, 2003.

1. mdmania

mdmania Member

Folks,
    First of all my DVD-R is a Sony DRU-501a, and the software I used to make a back up with is DVD-X Copy Platinum.
    So here is the situation. I made a copy of Bruce Almighty last night and I was using Imation DVD 2x speed. Then, I made a copy of a copy using Veritas Recordnow DX software, since DVD X Copy would only allow one copy of the original. But this time, the disc I was using to make a copy with was Memorex 4x speed.
    The stranged thing I was talking about is when I played the second gen. copy just before the blue screen explaining what rated this movie is you are about to watch is rated PG-13, then what is should follow is the movie. But instead my DVD player would open up and reject the disc from playing through the actual scene. I don't know what is going on, but in my previous time I made a copy of a copy (not Bruce Almighty), I never encounter such a strange behaviour. My question now is whether the DVD-X copy is adding some type of protection onto my 2nd gen. copy or is the media type that I'm using. BTW, in the past I didn't used Imation disc as the original copy before, so I'm thinking maybe it is the media. But I wanted to verify with all of you here...Thank you very much

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Burn the 2nd copy w/ Nero or similar software as it is known that you have to know the work around within DVDXCopy software to do multiple copies...

3. mlhannig

mlhannig Guest

How did you get a clean copy of Bruce Almighty? I tried to make a copy last night and during the finalizing stage I kept getting an error. I was trying to burn a copy on a Memorex DVD+RW 4x disc. I always do this first before using a DVD+R.

4. mdmania

mdmania Member

I used DVD X Copy Platinum software without a glitched. But when trying to make a second gen. copy of my copy, as I mentioned about the strange behaviour. My DVD player rejects for some odd reason.

5. mlhannig

mlhannig Guest

I have DVD XCopy platinum as well and I could not get a good copy of the movie. Did you copy the whole disc or just part of the disc?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2003
  6. mdmania

mdmania Member

I'm able to copy the whole disc.

7. mlhannig

mlhannig Guest

How did you copy it??? Did you use the express way or did you use the advanced way? Please describe anything that you had to do special like compressing titlesets in a different way.

thanks in advance for your help.

8. mdmania

mdmania Member

I used the advanced way and I basically just check the necessary boxes. Then Next and did not touch the compression setting at all. And also I hardly use the express way.

9. mdmania

mdmania Member

Alright folks,
    I did a follow up on my issue about making backup of copy of copy of Bruce Almighty. Last night instead of using Veritas RecordNow DX software, I used the DVDClone and my problem about the strange behaviour is no longer exist.
    My guess maybe tne Veritas software is adding some sort protection. Anyhow, I'm a happy camper again but it cost me 6 coaster to get this darn problem fixed.

Thanks!

10. robguy

robguy Member

Your problem had less to do with the type of software you used to try to copy a copy than it did trying to back-up a "fingerprinted" DVD.

DVDXCopy puts a digital "fingerprint" on the backup DVD recording which, they say,discourages pirating by allowing only one copy to be made. Think of "fingerprinting" as a kind of homemade encryption.

If you try to make a backup of that backup, you'll get strange behavior in your DVD player because of DVDXCopy's "fingerprinting."

That leaves you with two choices: You can either use other software, such as dvddecrypter or dvdshrink, to make a copy of a copy made by DVDXCopy ... OR use your original DVD to make a new backup with DVDXCopy. Remember: With DVDXCopy, you can only make one back-up AT A TIME. You could have just dumped out of the program, ran it again and made a second copy without having to jump through those hoops.

You can find more about the in's and out's of DVDXCopy on Afterdawn's DVDXCopy forum at:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

Last edited: Nov 28, 2003
  11. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Bruce Almighty back-up works fine, dvd decrypter, dvd2one, nero 6 ultra (dvd video mode)

12. Pstyle

Pstyle Member

Hey guys.

Didnt wanna start a new thread.. cuz I have a similar problem but not exactly the same.

I'm having problems with Bruce Almighty in the reading stage of DVDXCOPY Platinum. After about 60% of reading it says that it could'nt copy some sectors and that It's not able to copy the DVD. Any Ideas? The DVD is in perfect condition... no scratches or anything on it. Anyway to get around this?
    Also, are there any other DVD copying software similar to DVDXCOPY that is good? How is CloneDVD?

Thanx!

13. mdmania

mdmania Member

Be sure to clean your disc first and give it a second chance.

DVDClone works great and it doesn't have that 7 second DVD X warning with it. I use this with AnyDVD software to bypass the region restriction. Download AnyDVD and DVDClone together. But you have to pay for it. Unless you are lucky as me that can get a cracked from someone about it. Or try DVDShrink or DVD Decrypter. I try them and it seems to work great also. These two are freeware. Check them out at www.dvdrhelp.com....Good luck

14. XmarkusX

XmarkusX Guest

well I think between DVD shrink 3.0 beta and nero 6 that these 2 programs kinda go hand in hand and that they make it easy toburn baby burn!!!!LOL! i use princo DVD disc no namer coasters. they work fine except for having very minor gitches in burning the movie pirates of the caribbean.