1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Brick?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ariel_mir, Nov 8, 2007.

1. ariel_mir

ariel_mir Member

I think that my PSP is bricked, when I turn it on, just the green light comes on or the red one (if charging), but the screen remains black (its not black like it wants to turn on, its just black like when its shutted off, theres no light in the black screen).

What happened is that when I was upgrading from 3.52 m33-4 to the custom 3.71 m33, it said that some values had to change, I said yes and then it was a 3.71 update like the original one (the one that sony gives you), thats why I canceled it and it still worked until I shutted it off (the PSP), later on I tried to turn it on and that problem came out (it wouldn't light the screen), so I tried to make a Pandora fix (with the help of my other PSP), I did the eeprom backup and I turned it (the battery) into a Jigstick, but the damaged PSP wouldn't take me to the pandora's menu, then I tried it on the healthy PSP and it wouldn't take me to the pandora's menu either, thats why I turned the healthy PSP on (using the cord) and went to the Pandora program into the Memmory Stick.

It said error 1, error 2, error 3..., until I placed the battery, it gave me new options like restore the battery and other options, I restored the battery and the battery now works great, but my PSP is still "bricked?", so I;m wondering.

Maybe I did the pandora flashing to my battery incorrectly, its just that in the tutorial there's a file called MSPFORMAT.EXE that I just couldn't find, so I made it my way.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!,

THANKS, MY FELLOW FRIENDS!!!

2. psplw

psplw Guest

its a brick mate that healthy psp (as you call it) is that custom firmware???? i offer PANODORA SERVICE pm me and ill tell you details

3. ariel_mir

ariel_mir Member

Thanks, you are so kind, I could unbrick it with the help of PSP hunt, the problem is that I hadn't a magic memmory stick, the file "mspformat.exe" I couldn't find it on any pack, but psphunt's pack, so with his help and his pack I could unbrick it...

THANKS ANYWAYS!!!

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

google for totalnewbi installer. it's an all-in-one program that does the work for you. you just choose which memory stick you want.