1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange controller problem! Please take a look....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ps2hacker, Mar 17, 2005.

1. ps2hacker

ps2hacker Member

I recently fitted a Messiah Universal chip in my V3 and a new laser. I've been playing PS1 backups on it as the laser would only read CD's, the new ones now in and I have burnt a 1x backup of Burnout 3 with DVD decrypter. The problem is that there's no response from the controller in game! The language select just waits, then selects English default and then in to the FMV intro. Unable to start the game!
    I am an absolute n00b at this and it's the first PS2 I've owned... does it sound like a problem with the backup or more likely hardware??? baring in mind PS1 games are ok, and the controller works on the browser screen.
    The controller i'm using is a piece of junk that used to be my spare PS1 controller and I havent got a memory card installed... Any thoughts?

2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

That seems a bit uncalled for....

3. romero

romero Regular member

Burnout 3 isn't playable with PS1 controller, I just tested it myself and had a same result. There are differences between PS1 & PS2 controllers - PS2's buttons have pressure sensors - so some PS2 games might not work correctly or not at all with PS1's pad.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Uncalled for post was deleted and the idiot was banned.

5. justix

justix Member

Dude just post the same problem myself except that My burnout 3 does exactly the same from the original!!!! I dunno what modchip I have as my ps2 is a recent present from a friend of mine which got a slim one now..I assume for what he remember that the mod would be a matrix 2 or mxl2 but I 'm trying to switch that off still the game load and it stuck to the language just like you, I have a brand new Extreme doubleshock which work on every other game I own.....please anyone???? ps2 is schp3004 v4 erial K02... ( what version is that anyway? )