1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Error

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by claviour, May 20, 2007.

1. claviour

claviour Member

Hey all....

It's been a week since I got this strange problem in my computer... I used a infected Usb Drive which did that... It had a folder.exe file in it.

It made two changes in my computer. First it disappeared the task manager and the folder options tab.... amd secondly every time I click on any of my drives partitions (C:, D: etc) it asks which program I would like them to open with...

The first two right-click options (i.e., the "open" and "explore" options) of partitions are substituted by strange charcters like these('O'?*^(0)) and the only way I can access my partition is to right click the desktop shortcut of My computer and select explore option..

What I did so far is that I formatted C: drive and it is working normally and the folder options tab and task manager are back, but the other partitions are still infected.

I really need help for this problem. Any solution or suggestion will be more than welcomed....

Now for your information I use a Windows XP professional, with Nod 32 antivirus..

Thank you All...

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Personally i think avast is the best anti-virus program out there. Give it a try and see if it can get rid of any other infections on the partitions

3. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

When the "Scan Report" screen flashes up:

It's like changing the column widths in Excel.
    Place the cursor on the dividing line between the column headings. When you see the horizontal double headed arrow over the vertical bar, hold down the right mouse button and drag the cursor to the right. This will widen the column and you can then use the slider aat the bottom to scroll to the right to read things.

You can also click the green save report button under the scan report box and save a copy of the report and then find and view it with a word processor.

4. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

Skip the above, my apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.
    bc