1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Glitch on DS Game Leads to Destruction of Console

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by tocen, Feb 15, 2008.

1. tocen

tocen Member

One day I turned my DS original on and decided to play Mario Kart DS. I put the game in and to my surprise it was playing New Super Mario Bros. I turned the DS off and took out the cartridge, it was indeed Mario Kart. I scratched my head in a daze of confusion.
    I turned my DS on without any cartridge in it to find that it did not work. When I pressed the power button no light had flashed, no red, no green. I plugged it in the charger and watched for the light to let me know it was charging. A soft orange light came about for 1 second. I repeatedly kept plugging it in and out of the charger, still nothing. turned it on when it was in the charger again and it showed a soft orange light with a bright green one for 1 second and then died. I had settled on the idea that the battery had burnt out.
    A few weeks later I bought a DS Light. Foolishly I thought,"I feel like playing Mario Kart DS." What a mistake. I had inserted the cartridge and the same things had happened. I now know it was the game that had done the damage. I threw Mario Kart in the trash and said, "BE GONE YE DEMONS!"

I know have a broken DS and a broken DS Light, how do I fix that?

sorry for the essay^_^

2. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

Wow...I have no idea where to start with this....

How on earth did the game transfer itself over! In all my life this has never happened before...but anyway, I think two things could have happened. If it is burnt out, I'm guessing there is no way to visibly tell, so maybe try and get Nintendo to do a repair job on it, or ask for a new one (I'm guessing its still in warranty) and hope for the best. The only other thing I can think of is you may have bricked the DS, and for some reason we will never be able to comprehend, a bricking program somehow ended up on the cartridge (maybe Nintendo are out to get you) and did what it does best. I don't know much about flashing and bricking and similar things so you may have to look into it yourself.

Either way I hope you get to the bottom of your possessed game and its unusual talent for breaking the laws of physics...

Sorry for the long answer, but just out of curiosity, where did the game come from?