1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange message when starting MEDAL OF HONOR: PACIFIC ASSAULT

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by divxneil, Feb 10, 2005.

1. divxneil

divxneil Member

hey
    I think I copied properly the DVD-rom containing the game MOHPA, but when i start the game, it keeps giving me this message: "CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game."... How can I pass this?
    I used Blindwrite 5.2.10.142 with "Bad sectors" profile. The disc was "safedisc 3" protected.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

As of right now Alcohol, Blindwrite, Clonecd cannot make a backup of a DVD-rom based game, you can try mounting the game with daemons tools virtual drive and playing from the hard drive.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I tried the new version of clonecd with "Battle for Middle Earth" DVD-rom and no success, I wonder if the new updated vesion of Blindwrite will do it...hmmmm

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I got EXACTLY the same message when I tried to play Far Cry with the original disc!!!
    It took me a while to sort it, but when I uninstalled CloneDvd from my system, everything worked perfectly!
    I use Alcohol & have Nero, which both have image drives, installed in my PC. Neither of these progs cause this problem.
    Hope this was of some help.
    Kind regards,
    Pulsar

6. divxneil

divxneil Member

Thanx pulsar, I'll try it. So any solution? How can I finally backup a DVD Game??????

7. divxneil

divxneil Member

ΟΝ ΤΗΕ ΟΤΗΕR HAND, IF YOU SAW EXACTLY THE SAME MESSAGE WITH AN ORIGINAL DISC, IT MEANS THAT MY BACKUP WENT OK. COOL:p

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

So -pulsar- you actually made a working DVD-rom based pc game without virtual drives?

-divxneil- post back and let us know if your backup worked ot not.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have Gamesxcopy for my gaming virtual drives. It works with Doom 3 & Half life 2 (& Pingus' barrel of fun!). I have never made a successful disc copy of a game with it, (it was supposed to do this, but I only tried it a couple of times. To be honest the image drive works that well, I never need to use my original discs for any of my games. The GamesXcopy works every time). I don't really have the need to copy games.
    I mostly play flight sims. I have Far Cry, but then if I wanted, I could install Gamesxcopy onto my mates PC. Or possibly borrow his games to install on my image drives. But some would say that was unethical. (LOL)
    I flattened my PC last weekend & I activated ALL of my Xcopy products, via the internet. I still love my dvdxpressRF (with anydvd). It has never let me down.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  10. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

I have moh pac assault....have a new system, built with help from here i might add....anyway....installed the game. Have amd 64 3500+..gigabyte sli mobo....radeon x800 pro.....1gb ram....built this for doom3 by the way, .... anyway...when moh starts....get a window that my system needs an amd cpu, 512 mb of ram and directx 8.0, i don't have this do i want to continue, and when i continue, the game is choppy, can't move around...very frustrating, and no way to get intouch with EA game for support....

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Possibly a silly question but did you install the latest DirectX when you built it?

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Directx8 is rather old hat, You really need directx9c.