1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange output with pirates of the caribbean 2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Hydrogue, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Hydrogue

Hydrogue Guest

Ripped with dvdfab platinum full disk. Used vob blanker (for the first time) to blank evrything but bloopers. 21 minutes of previews is a bit much.
    Got error opening with shrink, ran fix vts and then was able to analyze with shrink.
    Used imgburn to build iso. Mounted with daemeon and opened image with win dvd before burning a coaster.
    Image is great. jumps to menu instantly. evrything works. Shrink image and burn with img burn.

Here is the stange part. when I insert the dvd into a modern settop player, the tv screen is blank for about 13 seconds before the menu appears. also the settop display is flashing like a strobe light during those 13 seconds. I have the same 13 second delay on an older settop player without the flashing display, but on this one I hear the lens mechanism working frantically as if searching for something.

This does not happen on my pc with the disk. It responds instantly just like the mounted image.

Is this normal for a long delay after using vob blanker?
    I previously backed up this dvd with anydvd and nero recode on the fly and have no playback issues, just alot of compression from all the garbage. I think I like using blanker and shrink method as it gives me greater control of the output and final compression, but at the same time , it allows me to make the mistakes that 1 clicks dont.

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.

BTW, using verbatim dvd+r 8X media.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You might want to try using IfoEdit as well.

3. Hydrogue

Hydrogue Guest

D/L and open program. This looks like its for the very advanced user, no help file. Is there a guide or tutorial anywhere? At this level of dificulty its worth forking out the extra $1 for dvd9 media and let ANYDVD jump the garbage. Dont get me wrong, I still want to learn how to do it. Knowlege IS power.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm not sure on the guides, check here at AD and maybe over to Doom9. RI4M does some IFO cleanup and gives you options for different output. It also uses FixVTS for compliance processing. You may want to take a look at it as well. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

5. Hydrogue

Hydrogue Guest

going to try and re rip with ri4m and see how it goes. If all is good, gonna dump dvd fab.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Be sure it's all installed properly and have the latest FixVTS, 1.6.0.3.