1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange problem ejecting ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by wingfan13, Dec 8, 2003.

1. wingfan13

wingfan13 Guest

The part that rotates the disc, doesnt move, so when i try to eject it gets stuck after opening about an inch and a half. Has anyone experienced this before. From the threads i've found, nobody has. Help, or links that could help me would be appreciated.

As an incentive, I'll throw in a burned copy of
    Twisted metal Black, Gra Turismo 3, Vice City, Night fire or enter the matrix to the person who can tell me how to fix it._X_X_X_X_X_[small]P4 2.4 ghz 800 mhz fsb
    512 mb pc 3200
    80 gig 7200 rpm western digital
    52 x CD-RW
    Dvd +/- r 4x 2.4 x
    Neon light case[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2003
  2. wingfan13

wingfan13 Guest

My bad, i just found a thread on this. Could the mods delete this.

<edit> Well, that thread was for a flip top, I'm not sure if the solution is different from with a normal ps2._X_X_X_X_X_[small]P4 2.4 ghz 800 mhz fsb
    512 mb pc 3200
    80 gig 7200 rpm western digital
    52 x CD-RW
    Dvd +/- r 4x 2.4 x
    Neon light case[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2003
  3. wingfan13

wingfan13 Guest

Turns out, the rotating part wasn't blocking it, it simply gets stuck an inch and a half out. Now I'm really confused.

4. wingfan13

wingfan13 Guest

I fixed it, For future reference, what you have to do is this.

First use these instructions.
    Flip over PS2 then take the screw cover off with your nails. unscrew the bottom screws 8 or 10 depending on which version you have. then flip it back over and take the front cover off VERY CAREFULLY, don't pull it far or the reset\eject cable will come loose or worse get damaged. When the front cover is off there should be metal crap on the left and on the right there is the dvd drive with a cover on that is held by four small screws. Unscrew them and take cover off. Then you should be able to see the laser and the tray. Now you have to remove the tray by the two small screws holding it on the left front part. Take the tray off then you should see a white pin push it all the way the the left as far as it goes. Oh while your at it clean the laser with a q-tip and alcohal. Then just read this backwards to put back togeather. Hope this help

I basically did that but once the tray was back in, turned the ps2 on, pressed the eject button and kinda fiddled with it until it ejected cleanly.