1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Frankgweb, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Frankgweb

Frankgweb Guest

I have a folder named VIDEO_TS when I burn this folder using a DVD-R blank it gives me errors if I rename that folder to anything else I have no problems. Im using RECORDNOW for burning software and a sony drx500ulx burner. I've been successful using sony DVD+RW dics but they are to expensive.

Any ideas why the folder name stops it from burning?

THanks!!

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

Have you got the accept video_ts audio, selected in the recordnow max options, if these are checked it wont accept or burn the files

3. Frankgweb

Frankgweb Guest

Yes, I do have that option checked in RECORDNOW...any other ideas are appreciated!

Thanks

4. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

Okay,

I have a sony dru500a (similar), what kind of errors are you getting, does it accept the video_ts file and burns for a while then produces errors. Or wont it except the file at all but i take it accepts it as you can burn using sony dvd+rw discs. So my second guess its maybe a media issue, have you tried any different dvd-r's. I use traxdata ones with no problems, I have problems with bulkpaq and ritek's. Another option is not to burn at max speed using recordnow but would expect you have tried this. What version of recordnow are you using have you tried downloading the latest pxengine for it. It can fix issues with compatibility. Will have to search around for this as several versions of recordnow floating around. I use sonic recordnow dx 4.61. are you recording from the harddrive or on the fly, I do have problems recording on the fly sometimes, I have to shut down all antivirus and any items on taskbar. Above all depending on what version your using do not use the wizard.Select the data option and find you file that way You probably know all this or have tried. Their is a great guide on chris's site http://www.chrismccann.co.uk, Hope this helps.