1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by daveallie, Oct 15, 2004.

1. daveallie

daveallie Member

Hi im a new member...

Ive been burning my own DVDs for a while now with various Progs inc DVDXCopy, Nero, Clone DVD etc etc...

The Burner i have had for a while was a Matshita DVD RAM SW 9581 which was only 2 speed so i decided to upgrade

I bought a TSSTCorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B and i am using my regular BulkPaq disks, now 8 speed instead of 4 Speed....

I now have a peculiar problem, i have a Pioneer DVD player downstairs and a cheap Pacific DVD player in the bedroom. I started burning with my new hardware and the disks were fine on my Pioneer player, but now for some reason the Pacific says "No Disk" ???

I still have the old burner in a different PC and disks burn on that one are fine, so i am a bit puzzled.... doesnt seem to matter what program i use to burn the disks i get the same problem.....

Any help would be appreciated....

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Is it a + or -, i know of sum dvd players that dont work with +

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Have you changed brands of discs ... some discs aren't as compatible as others ...

4. daveallie

daveallie Member

Im pretty sure it isnt the disks as i can burn and watch them fine when using my Matshita DVD RAM SW 9581 but not when using my TSSTCorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B... the only ones i have got to work on the TSST are when burnt at 2 speed on the 8 speed disks.... this was using Nero... but does anyone know how to get DVDXCOPY to burn at a slower speed?

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Dvdxcopy has its own burn utility built into the program so it burns at speed determined by your media code and burner capabilities. You would have to use some modified firmware that allows you to adjust your burn speed (like omnipatcher for lite-ons). You can also change the burn speed by useing a progy that needs an outside burn utility like dvd shrink and nero.