1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Problem.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hctr3, Feb 3, 2005.

1. hctr3

hctr3 Member

I started buring movies about a year and a half ago. I have done about 300 with really no problems using 321 Xpress Copy. Then the new protections came out so I started using AnyDvd and sometimes CloneDVD. Still no problems.
    Now, out of the blue, I have made about 10 coasters in a row. I have tried several movies with the same result. I have also tried different media to burn to. At some point during the process, my computer will lock up, and it is not always in the same part of the burning process. It is doing this with CloneDvd and 321 Xpress copy. I will have to unplug the computer to get it to start over. As far as I know, I have not installed anything new in the past couple of days either. Unless something installed itself off the internet.
    I do not have the specs on my computer with me so if you need that for sugestions let me know and I will post them tonight.
    I read a post last night that talked about overheating, is that something that will just start happening out of the blue?
    Please give me your thoughts on why it would go good for so long, then just start locking up like this.

Memory is not a problem either. Sorry if this is long and confusing, I'm a litte confused myself.

Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Usually when you have 3 or 4 different programs give you the same problem its not the programs but the computer. Yes it could be an over heat problem. Remove the PC covers and aim a small fan inside and try the burn again. If it works then you need more airflow. Use a RW disc until you get the problem corrected to save money. There is no market for coasters these days. Everyone has enough of them. Good luck.

Jerry

3. hctr3

hctr3 Member

Thanks Jerry. Could it also be something that is running in the background? Do you have any idea of programs that I might see runnning that I should delete?

Thanks again.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member