1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SCJS78, Jul 27, 2007.

1. SCJS78

SCJS78 Member

Hi,

I'm in Ireland on C****s and have been having this problem since I got my Eurovox.

Every channel works fine except for Setanta Sports 1, Setanta Sport 2, and Celtic TV.

In the case of Setanta Sports 1 and Setanta Sport 2.....I just get a constant 'PLEASE WAIT, CODE BEING UPDATED'

For Celtic TV, I get a 'PLEASE INSERT SMART CARD'

This has been happening on/off with all of these channels, and from time to time with Rangers TV also.

I've noticed that these are all on one transponder, but the other channels on this transponder are working well.

I've tried almost everything - clearing channel data, factory reset, reflashing, power scan, auto scan, manual scan etc.

My friend lives a few kilometres away and he's having the exact same problem.

I'm hoping the fault lies on the other side.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

It might be a problem in your area , I can ask someone thats on C****s to help with the problem :)

3. usirname

usirname Member

are you sure its not just that the channels are off air sometimes, because the please wait message appears if they are

4. SCJS78

SCJS78 Member

No, because when I scan I find two Setanta Sports 1 channels. One of them works, but it's in widescreen, so looks terrible, with black lines down the sides, whereas the other one (proper 4:3) only works from time to time.

Setanta Sports 2, thankfully, is back today, but it wouldn't work last week, so I guess I just have to hope for the best.

I'm in Cork if that helps.....

5. usirname

usirname Member

i just had a look at mine now and i actually have 2 setanta sports 1 channels, ones called setanta irel and the other is setanta sp~1, my guess is to scan again to find setanta irel because thats working at the moment, let me know how ya get on!

6. SCJS78

SCJS78 Member

When I scan:

I get two Setanta Ireland channels - both work (haven't had a problem with this channel thus far)

I get two Setanta Sports~1 channels - one works (for now, in a widescreen format) and the other doesn't.

I get one Setanta Sports 2 channel - it works (at the moment)

7. SCJS78

SCJS78 Member

370 MHZ - Setanta Irel.......WORKS
    (I get a duplicate channel with the exact same properties, which also works.)

282 MHZ - Setanta Sp~1.......ON/OFF (Works at the moment in widescreen)
    386 MHZ - Setanta Sp~1.......ON/OFF (Not working)

386 MHZ - Setanta Sp~2.......ON/OFF (Works at the moment)

386 MHZ - Celtic TV.......ON/OFF (Updating code, probably because it's off air?)
    386 MHZ - Rangers TV .......ON/OFF(Updating code, probably because it's off air?)

8. usirname

usirname Member

not sure what ya can do then to get it back to 4:3, you've tred changing the format on your tv i presume? and yes celtic an rangers tv are off at the moment

9. SCJS78

SCJS78 Member

Ya, I have, ah well, I can't complain, it's better than nothing.