1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange rattle!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Adam_16, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Adam_16

Adam_16 Member

does anybody know what that strange rattle is coming from the top of my xbox 360, im not sure if its something so the xbox knows its vertical or horizontal, can somebody tell me please...

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Are you shaking the 360 when you hear the rattle? If so, then it's either the laser or the switch which positions the ring of lights. Both will make noise.

3. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

As the 360 was designed to stand both vertical and horizontal, I'd say the console itself is indifferent as to which way it's being positioned.
    Unless, of course, you position it upside down: then you'll hear it raise some objections.

It sounds more like something might have come loose. Have you knocked it or dropped it lately? Is the rattle a constant thing?

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

When your 360 horizontal, the number 1 controller light is in the top left position. Now, when you stand the 360 on it's side, again it's in the top left position... which would have been the bottom left position when it was laying flat. That's because there's a switch inside which tell's the 360 which position it's in and which light to light up. If you shake the 360 you can hear it rattle.