1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange thing using backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by RazorX, Oct 23, 2004.

1. RazorX

RazorX Member

i made a back up copy of onimusha 3...i have a fliptop and swap magic...it read and burn successfully...when i swap the disc in the ps2....there was no color inthe background...and it was making a weird spinning sound...anybody know what is going on..i have a version 9 ps2 and i used a memorex dvd-rw..help

2. funkbeee

funkbeee Guest

maybe you inserted the disc incorrectly, when you swap the backup in try spinning the disc yourself to see if it is in correctly

3. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Regular member

I backed mine up with alcohol - seems to work great, when you get weird spinning sounds it means your ps2 isnt reading the disc properly. Try burning at 1x...and using dvd-r

let us know how you go :)

4. RazorX

RazorX Member

ok..it worked...the screen turned blue and it took a lil bit to load.....same media..the memorex dvd-rw...30 mins later i tried to play it ...and...when i swap the disc...insted of turning blue..it turned red...look like a violet red.....it tried to load for like 2 mins then it turned red..what is going on

5. funkbeee

funkbeee Guest

I'm not sure about this but it might be your white disc. If you have a fliptop that came with a white disc, take it out and use the original that came with your ps2.