1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange TMPGEnc file splitting audio problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by brettski, Jul 13, 2003.

1. brettski

brettski Member

I use TMPGEnc to convert DivX, XviD, avi files to vcd or svcd. The files play perfect after the conversion; however, when I split the converted file using the same program, sometimes the audio ends 30 seconds before the video at the end of each split. This is easy to correct by overlapping the second split with the first by approx. 45 seconds; therefore nothing is actually missed because the audio is always perfect at the beginning of the splitted file, just this problem at the end.
    Does anyone else have a similar problem, and if so is there a solution? Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Try using DVTool, these kind of problems dont have easy fixes

3. brettski

brettski Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I used to use DVTool for mpeg1/vcd, but I never had any luck on mpeg2/svcd files. When splitting a svcd file into 2 parts, the first part always worked, but the second half was never playable. Maybe there is a newer version that will now work on my computer (XP). I'll give it another try.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

There are a few programs that will split it actually l;ike video cutter!