1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange xbox 360 game image format ".360"

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Xithlord, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Xithlord

Xithlord Member

Hello!! I have this strange image format of Call of Duty 2 for XBOX360. This is the file name "r-cod2.360". It doesn't came with a .dvd file just like any other. I do have a bin file "i-cod2u.bin" which I believe is the security sector info. using ss merger 1.7 will not work because it gives an error. Any help please!

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

3. Xithlord

Xithlord Member

thanks! let me try that

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Most games with the .360 ending haven't been patched with the proper ss.bin
    Change the .360 to .iso and check to see if has been patched correctly. Use SSMerger to check.

5. Xithlord

Xithlord Member

I did exactly what the other forum said and the xbox did recognized the disc as a game cause it said "play game" in the dashboard BUT pressing "A" button to play the game gives this message of unreadable disc. I will try and change to .iso the image file and see what ss merger 1.7 do. I have a .bin file that its supose to be a ss file. but i dont know if this is the standard format for a ss file. I will post my progress soon. thanks

6. duzmi

duzmi Member

The only .360 files I have seen so far have been from PI releases.

To merge the ss ;

1) open SS Merger and browse for .360 and MD5 check ( well thats what you are supposed to do, it always fails to connect so you could skip the md5 check)

2)navigate to the .bin for the SS patch . They have always come up red for me, but they have still worked.

3)ensure Xtreme method is selected and NOT WXRIPPER method

4)Hit the merge and create .dvd button

5)Wait for the new patched .360 to be created

6)Burn. I use ImgBurn and I've never needed to change the.360 to .iso but if you do, make sure that you edit the .dvd file with notepad to make sure the names match

The PI releases I've seen never come in at 7.05 GB after merging the ss file, the last one was 7.07GB and I've seen them bigger ( i think perfect dark was 7.26) Anyway, they do work.I don't know if they are worth risking playing on live, they tend to be oversized and have no stealth sector, but I don't use live so its not an issue for me.

Pal 360, Samsung drive flashed with 5.2b

The ss file should be ok if it came with the image file.

If you are still getting an unreadable disc then chances are its your burner or poor media. Try updating your burner firmware and using a verbatim? Do you normally have problems with unreadable discs? I used to get occasional unreadable discs until I swapped my burner to the Pioneer 112d. No fails since.

Best of luck

7. Xithlord

Xithlord Member

thanks!! i will try it today!!