1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strangee...?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mischa, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Mischa

Mischa Guest

hey peeps....i have some dvd backups, and i wanna play them eiter in my dvdplayer or in p2.... but on both machines there black white. On my moms dvd player there in colour..:s...howcome.

the ps2 is original, dvdplayer is original too. Both are attached too TV with scart.

please help me!

2. mccmd

mccmd Member

I am having a similar problem see my post on 12/12/04 in Newbie forum. I have detailed what my experience is. Since no one has responded to either of ours, it may not be an easily explainable issue. I tried changing Burners, media brands, speeds and the compression factor of original without effect. I made a Backup of a different DVD of same movie FS instead of WS and it played in color on all of the machines.

3. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

If your using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink to burn them, my best bet is that something is wrong with your connections to the TV.

p.s.:is your tv black and white?

4. mccmd

mccmd Member

I actually worked this problem out for myself.See my 12/25 post in newbie forum for details. First I tried to use Nero Vision Express to "make A DVD" just before initiating the burn I received a message that my video data contained more PAL then NTSC and did I want to continue the conversion to the minority format NTSC or Go with a PAL conversion. I tried to convert 3 times to NTSC and everything locked up at 30% completion. So Don't waste your time with NERO. Next I used DVD Santa and added the the first Video_TS file to the video files section not the video folder or image section. After a lenghty conversion to NTSC WS it played in all the DVD machines and PCs. I also converted TROY and Sky Captain since they too only played in B&W. They came out perfect as well

5. mccmd

mccmd Member

One other comment or rather question, why do the backups?? contain both PAL & NTSC formats together or is it something else that NERO Vision Express is seeing that is interpreted as a mixture of formats. All 3 of the movies that selectively played B&W in some DVD players while playing in Color in others is still a mystery to me. But by recoding the files to all NTSC it corrected that problem.

p.s. to dvdripdvd: the tvs are a 50" pioneer elite plasma, a Sim2 seleco HT 500 Link with 3 HD2+"dark chips" DLP projector & a 130" stewart grayhawk screen, A Samsung 30" HDTV, & Sony 27" Wega. all are connected via Digital Cable and HD Satellite through pioneer elite receivers and DVD players and the Monster Cable connections are all secure.

6. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

p.s. to mccmd i was playing, relax dude. i believe you