1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stranger Than Fiction disables my drive

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ybor, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ybor

ybor Member

Everytime I try to put Stranger Than Fiction in my Sony DRU710A drive, my drive gets all screwed up. It quits recognizing all disks and even when I open Nero, my option for burning a movie file is missing. I end up having to uninstall and reinstall my drive in order to get the option back with nero and to be able to read other disks. Has anyone run into this problem. Is this some type of security? It doesn't seem too ethical seeing as there is nothing written about this DVD my harm you PC's configuartion.

I watch my movies on my PC so now I have a DVD I can't even watch let alone back up with Shrink like I normally would.

2. ybor

ybor Member

Okay...I've upgraded my AnyDVD from 5.?? to 6.0.8.0 and so now the STF disk no longer effects my Nero options, but it still screwes up my drive. It is still making it so my DVD drive can't recognize any disk until I unistall and reinstall. What is the deal?

3. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

4. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

@ybor

hi. sorry to hear about this frustrating problem. i had the same problem several weeks ago with running with scissors and boynton beach club. you can read all the details in this thread i started:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/463852

in the end, after two days of efforts, i got two of my three computers to see, read and back up the discs. my newest computer with a sony dvdrom and a philips dvd+rw would not recognize any disk as being in either drive, and would not eject without a reboot. all the software i use (see signature below) was/is up to date. i did not change anything on my other two computers... they just eventually "saw" the discs after many many attempts and reboots. i have no explanation as to why any of it was happening... and no one who responded in that thread had any explanation either. others have reported similar experiences in the past several weeks with several discs.

good luck. let us know if you figure out why this problem occurs and if there is a specific fix. thanks.